Our organization would not exist without the thousands of hours our dedicated team of volunteers contributes to Hospice each year. They freely share their time and many skills and talents to keep our programs operating and each year, serve a greater number of Colchester and East Hants families.
There are many different roles volunteers can have in our organization.
• Client & Family Support (Hospital and Community Visitors)
• Grief Support (Angels Tree Remembered, Support Group Facilitators)
• Awareness and Education activities (HUGS for Hospice, Annual Conference)
• Fundraising activities (You’ll Die Laughing, Hike for Hospice, Death Expo)
• Board of Directors & Committee Work
We are looking to expand our volunteer roles to include regularly scheduled time to support office tasks and community-based client & family support.
Training & Education
Each potential volunteer is interviewed and screened to ensure our organization can meet their expectations in volunteering and to preserve client safety . Once an application is accepted, every volunteer receives orientation and training at the level appropriate for their volunteer roles. Volunteers who think they may like to provide client support complete 25-30 hours of training. For volunteers who choose to be involved in other ways, less training time is required.
Resources – Volunteer Application Package