The Hospice Society is governed by a Board of Directors. There are currently 11 Directors from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Marilyn Brown, Retired Social Worker
- Sharon Corcoran, Realtor/Broker, ReMax Fairlane Realty
- Dr. David Henderson, Medical Director of Palliative Care, Colchester East Hants Health Authority
- Alan Johnson, Executive Director, Truro & Colchester Chamber of Commerce
- Rod Jones, CIP, CCIB, Partner, Caldwell Roach
- Valerie Kingsbury, Minister, First United Church
- Alan MacLean, Partner/Lawyer, Patterson Law
- Carrie MacLennan, Retired Accountant – Treasurer
- Ann McKim, Palliative Care Nurse
- Dr. John McNeil, Diagnostic Imaging
- Karen McNeil, Retired Physiotherapist
Sharon Corcoran – President
Sharon is the owner/broker of RE/MAX Fairlane Realty in Truro. She is the top selling Real Estate Agent and has been inducted into the prestigious RE/MAX Hall of Fame for her sales performance. Sharon is an active Rotarian and serves her community tirelessly by leading or participating in numerous committees, boards and events.
Rod Jones – Vice President
Rod Jones is the President of Caldwell Roach, having began his insurance career in 1973 in Moncton, NB. He moved to Truro in 1980 and has since served as President of Insurance Brokers Assoc of NS, Chair of Atlantic Provinces Assoc of Insurance Brokers in 1992-1993, and President of Insurance Brokers Assoc of Canada in 1996-1997. He is an active Rotarian and has served on many community boards.
Karen McNeil, Retired Physiotherapist, Secretary
Carrie MacLennan, Retired Accountant - Treasurer
Dr. Dave Henderson – Past President of NSHPCA
Dave Henderson has been the Medical Director for the Colchester East Hants Palliative Care Program in Truro, NS since 2004, is the current President of the Nova Scotia Hospice Palliative Care Association and has served as the Clinical Representative on the Hospice Society Board from inception. Dave has been a leader in hospice palliative care across Canada and the US for many years. He resides in Truro with his wife and four children.